This vegan flourless chocolate cake is a decadent dessert nearly everyone can enjoy. Made with just 8 simple ingredients for a quick and sweet treat.
Our Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Are desserts your guilty pleasure?
We love them, especially when we’re trying to drop a few pounds. But we don’t tolerate flours well, so we found a way to satisfy our chocolate cake craving sans the flour.
Here’s our recipe for a luscious vegan flourless chocolate cake:
What You Need (All Vegan, Gluten-Free and Yummy!):
- 2 to 3 bars of vegan unsweetened dark chocolate or 2 cups of vegan unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of plant-milk (soy, cashew, or any other vegan milk)
- 1 stick of vegan butter
- ½ cup of chickpea flour
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Toppings of choice (we like nuts, strawberries and slithers of dark chocolate)
Let’s Get This Vegan Chocolate Cake Cooking!
1. Place your chocolate chips or chopped chocolate in a bowl and melt it over some boiling water. Add your vegan butter and stir well.
2. In a different bowl, whisk together your chickpea flour and milk to create our egg substitute. Chickpea flour is known to have amazing binding power that will help create a strong and firm structure for the cake. Mix well and set aside.
3. Going back to your chocolate-butter mixture, gently add the granulated sugar once the chocolate has completely melted. Continue mixing until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Take your chocolate mixture off the heat and carefully add the chickpea flour mixture to create the batter. With a spatula, add the cocoa powder and baking soda and gently fold the batter to mix all the ingredients.
5. Preheat your oven to 325F and generously grease the cake pan you are going to use.
6. Transfer the batter to the cake pan and gently tap on the sides to get rid of air pockets and bubbles. Once set, bake the chocolate cake for about 30 to 45 minutes or until a thin crust forms on the top of the cake.
7. Take it out of the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the cake pan and let it sit on a cooling rack for another 20 to 30 minutes to cool down completely.
8. Place your chocolate chips or chopped chocolate in a bowl and melt it over some boiling water. Add your vegan butter and stir well.
9. Once cool to the touch, transfer to a serving plate and finish with your toppings of choice such as some confectioner’s sugar or with sliced fresh berries.
Why Go Flourless?
People who suffer from IBS find that they feel better when they have no flour in their diet. Flour is a long, wound up tangle, and can be digested partially by IBS suffering people and may lead to large and possibly damaging segments that may irritate the gut and cause immune reactions and allergies.
But, definitely they can enjoy flourless chocolate cake when they have sweets craving. It is easy to make and is totally vegan, and suitable for the low fodmap diet.
This Vegan Flourless Chocolate is a cinch to put together, taste great and is 100% guilt free.